Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New vessels from the kiln




I eagerly awaited the opening of my kiln today. Some very important pieces inside were about to see daylight for the first time since their transformation into Glazed vessels. It is a nerve wracking time when you have shows looming and time is no longer on your hands. The pressure is on and the nerves are fraying at the seams.
My first look into the kiln made me smile. It looked like they survived this transformation successfully.
Here is the first piece I glimpsed.
"Empty chamber" Paperclay vessel with a recessed base. Detail image is of the inside of this piece. Here are another few glimpses of what will be shown at the TOAE this weekend. They were also from my kiln today. I thank the Kiln Goddess for her her input...... you go girl!

No comments: